Penny was born on June 23, 1930 to the parents of Gordon Johnson and P. Baxter, a witch. Sometime either in the 1960s or the 1950s, she met her husband, Allen Halliwell, which began the Halliwell sirname line.
In 1974, Penny's daughter, Patricia, made a deal with a warlock. A deal in which he could take the girls' powers when they got them. Patricia, against her will, made the deal. To protect the girls from Nicholas, the warlock, she bound their powers, not allowing the girls to use them. She also erased any of their memories of using magic.
In April, 1998, Penny died due to heart problems. When Penny died, the binding she put on the girls' powers was lifted, giving them a chance to reawaken their powers. After Penny's death, she became a ghost, giving her a chance to watch out over the sisters.
Powers as a WitchEdit
- Telekinesis: The ability to move objects with one's mind.
- Spell casting: The ability to cast a spell by using various words and other magical tools.
- Potion making: The ability to create concoctions (potions) that have different effects when injested or exposed to.
- Scrying: The ability to magically locate an object or being anywhere in the world with use of magical tools.
Powers as a GhostEdit
- Teleportation: The ability to move instantly move between one location to another with the use of magic.
- Summoning: The ability to conjure another spirit.
- Projection: Penny onced used a sort of projective power to write in the book of shadows "Happy Anniversary, Girls" without use of a pen or anything.
- Penny was able to undo little Piper's freezing on younger Andy with telekinesis. It's possible that Penny was very advanced with her power, seeing is how Prue never used her telekinetic abilities to undo any freezes Piper did, although, she might have never needed to.